Reported sightings of Blackbeard, Long John Silver and the Jolly Roger in Barnoldswick during the last week have now been confirmed.
Reception class children at Gisburn Road Community Primary School have been working on a pirates topic this term.
Staff at the school say the pupils have thoroughly enjoying making treasure maps, pirate hats, fish, boats and more as they even got dressed up and walked the plank!
Local artist Jacqui Smith has also joined the children to help them make 3D desert island and a huge pirate ship fit to sail the seas with a mast, sail, an anchor and a special door with a key.
Children’s parents have been invited into school to see the fantastic work and join in with a planned “Pirate me hearties” feast.
- Aston Villa in frame for Burnley strike ace Austin
- Appeal for Nelson man wanted for drugs offences
- Assistant manager of Colne pub admits assault and damage
- Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede left ‘truly humbled’ following triple triumph at British Soap Awards
- David Fishwick’s pay day loans TV crusade
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pendle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West