Industrial disease killed Nelson man

editorial image

An inquest into the death of a Nelson man has concluded that he died as a result of industrial disease.

The hearing at Burnley Coroners’ Court heard that Brian Gribble (66), of Reedyford Road, had worked in the gas industry for eight years and later at Smith and Nephew and had regular contact with asbestos.

Mr Gribble was found dead at his home in January and an inquest was opened and adjourned that month, when it was reported a post mortem had revealed he had a diseminated left lung and suffered from lung cancer.