DCSIMG

Gas smell leads to evacuation in Colne

Latest News

Latest News

Around 150 people were evacuated from a Colne building after a smell of gas was reported.

National Grid confirmed that they had been called to an incident at Housing Pendle, in Church Street, yesterday morning. Firefighters also attended the scene.

Gas was turned off as a precautionary measure, but a Housing Pendle spokesman has now confirmed everything has been checked and is safe.

He said: “One member of staff smelt gas so the building was evacuated as a precautionary measure.

“The evacuation lasted for about 20 minutes.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news