Plans have been submitted to Pendle Council to bring a large empty building on a gateway entrance into Colne back into use.
Mr N. Richardson has applied for a change of use to convert the ground floor of the former Tubbs of Colne shop in Albert Road into a restaurant and bar.
Tubbs was founded in 1890 and moved into the building, once the town’s police station, in 1984.
The business closed in April, 2008.
Mr Richardson also plans extensions and external staircases to the rear of the building, awnings and a patio to the front and ramp access.
The application will be determined by planning officers using delegated powers unless there are objections, in which case it will be referred to the council’s Colne and District Committee on March 6th.