Family flee bedroom blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

A BEDROOM at a house in Southfield Square, Nelson, was severely damaged by fire shortly after 7 p.m. last night.

The remainder of the first floor at the property suffered moderate smoke and heat damage.

A smoke alarm alerted the occupants to the fire and they were able to get out safely.

The blaze was dealt with by firefighters using two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a ventilation unit and is not being treated as being of a suspicious nature.