Fire in Barrowford bathroom

editorial image

ONE person was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation following a fire in the bathroom of a house in Higher Causeway, Barrowford, on Saturday afternoon.

The blaze broke out in an airing cupboard at 1-35 p.m. and fire crews used breathing apparatus, a hose reel, a thermal imaging camera and ventilation unit to deal with it.

The casualty was treated at the scene and the fire caused 100% severe damage to the cupboard and its contents, 100% severe smoke damage to a first floor landing and light smoke damage to three first floor rooms.