Fridge fault leads to Nelson house blaze

Latest news
Latest news
0
Have your say

Two appliances from Nelson Fire Station attended a house fire in Oxford Roads, Nelson, on Sunday afternoon where it is believed a fault in a fridge freezer lead to a substantial fire taking hold in the property’s kitchen.

No one was in the house at the time of the fire but the fact the property had working smoke detectors meant neighbours on either side were alerted to the sound of the alarm and were able to contact the emergency services.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were able to extinguish the fire using a hose reel jet and fan.

Anyone who hasn’t already got working smoke alarms in their property can contact the fire service on 0800 169 1125 and receive a free Home Fire Safety Check.