Clarets staff in talks over merger plans
BOSSES at Burnley Football Club are in talks with staff over plans to merge its retail departments and ticket office.
A statement from the club said it is consulting with workers over the proposals and stressed match tickets will remain on sale both at the ticket office and the Clarets Store in Burnley town centre.
The statement said: “Burnley Football Club can confirm that it has entered a consultation process with all staff from the ticket office and retail departments.
“This is pursuant to a proposal to streamline operations by integrating both departments into a single department.
“The service provided to supporters remains unaffected by these proposed changes and there are no plans to halt the sales of tickets at either Turf Moor or the Clarets Store in Charter Walk.”
- Aston Villa in frame for Burnley strike ace Austin
- Appeal for Nelson man wanted for drugs offences
- Assistant manager of Colne pub admits assault and damage
- David Fishwick’s pay day loans TV crusade
- Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede left ‘truly humbled’ following triple triumph at British Soap Awards
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pendle
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west