Rescue team help man off Pendle Hill
A MAN was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital on Sunday after being taken ill while climbing Pendle Hill.
The man contacted the ambulance service after feeling faint and the Rossendale and Pendle Mountain Rescue Team was called in to assist.
A spokesman said the casualty made his own way down the hill to Pendle House to be met by a team member and directed to a waiting ambulance, where he was treated by team leader and paramedic Pete Goble.
He said: “It’s good that the Ambulance Service are mindful we are there. There are some very inaccessible areas locally and sometimes it is not practical for an ambulance crew to attend or move a casualty without specialist skills and equipment”.
- Aston Villa in frame for Burnley strike ace Austin
- Appeal for Nelson man wanted for drugs offences
- Assistant manager of Colne pub admits assault and damage
- Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede left ‘truly humbled’ following triple triumph at British Soap Awards
- David Fishwick’s pay day loans TV crusade
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pendle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West