DCSIMG

Blaze at Fence restaurant

Fire engine.

Fire engine.

A Fence restaurant has been hit by a blaze in its basement because of electrical problems.

Fire crews were called to the Babar Elephant Restaurant in Cockstool Lane - in the past the Forest Inn - around 6am today (Wednesday).

There was lots of smoke coming out from an electrical unit in the consumer unit in the basement. And the restaurant was heavily smoke-logged.

The firefighters used four breathing apparatus kits to get down there and sort it, and used a ventilation unit fan to clear the smoke out.

The alarm system there had worked well and got staff out safely. There was severe fire and heat damage to the electrical unit and light smoke damage around the rest of the restaurant.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page