DCSIMG

House fills with smoke after grill pan left unattended

Three fire engines attended the scene

Three fire engines attended the scene

Three fire engines attended a property in Trent Road, Nelson in the early hours of Sunday morning responding to a 999 call from a neighbour.

The neighbour had been alerted by the sound of the smoke alarm. The occupant of the property had also been alerted by the smoke alarm and was out of the house prior to the arrival of the Fire Service.

The smoke alarm had activated because a grill pan had been left unattended in the kitchen whilst the occupant was upstairs causing the house to fill with smoke.

A Positive Pressure Ventilation fan was used to clear the house of smoke prior to the Fire Service leaving the scene.

The fire services has reminded the public:

• Never leave cooking unattended.

• Smoke alarms save lives, You are more than twice as likely to die in a fire at home if you haven’t got one. A smoke alarm is the easiest way to alert you to the danger of fire, giving you and your family precious time to escape.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page