Man flees Nelson bathroom blaze

Fire

Fire

0
Have your say

A BATHROOM was badly damaged when a blaze happened in the early hours of the morning.

Fire crews were called to Napier Street, Nelson, at 3-18am on Easter Monday and dealt with the fire. The male resident had escaped before they arrived.

About a third of the bathroom was badly affected by fire damage, but there was extensive heat and smoke damage to the room, too. In fact, the whole of the first floor was severely struck by smoke, and lots of water dropped into the living room on the ground floor, damaging half the ceiling and almost all the carpet.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus dealt with the blaze using a hose reel, and a ventilation unit was used to blow out heat and smoke.