Man hospitalised after Nelson fire

Latest news
Latest news
0
Have your say

A man has been taken to hospital suffering with the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire at a Nelson house.

Firefighters were called out to the property in Bevan Place at 10-30pm on Sunday night to a report of a bedroom fire.

The man, believed to be in his 50s, was suffering effects of inhaling smoke and taken to hospital by ambulance.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus extinguished the fire and used a portable fan to clear out the smoke.