Neighbour comes to rescue of women in Nelson house blaze

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

An elderly woman was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at her home in Park Drive, Nelson.

The elderly lady dropped a towel on to her gas fire, which set alight then spread to her carpet around 6-50pm.

She managed to get the attention of a neighbour who called the fire service, then tackled the fire stopping it from spreading to her furniture.

She suffered from slight smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital for a precautionary check up.