DCSIMG

Neighbours rush to Nelson man’s aid after chip pan blaze

Latest News

Latest News

Neighbours came to the rescue of a Nelson man who fell asleep after turning his chip pan on in the early hours of the morning.

Residents in Sackville Street rushed to the aid of the man, after hearing smoke alarms around 3-15am on Sunday. The man, who is believed to have had too much to drink, had slept through smoke alarms which woke his neighbours.

There was damage to the kitchen of the terraced house and two fire engines from Nelson were called to the scene.

Fire chiefs later reiterated their advice never to cook while under the influence of alcohol and to have a working smoke alarm.

For a free Home Fire Safety Check, advice and smoke alarm test or replacement, visit www.lancsfirerescue.org.uk, call into your local fire station, or call 0800 1691125.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page