Pensioner in hospital after Nelson flat fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A PENSIONER was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation following a fire in the bedroom of her flat in Netherfield Gardens, Nelson, in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters rescued the woman from the blaze at 12-30 a.m. and used four sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a ventilation to deal with the incident, which caused severe fire damage to a small part of the bedroom and severe smoke damage to the whole of the flat.