BURNLEY butcher George Heys marked the Queen’s historic visit to the town by creating a commemorative sausage and burger specially for the occasion.
The Royal Gourmet Beefeater burger and sausage, which has similar ingredients, contains beef and pork and is flavoured with dried fruit.
Mr Heys said it was an “aromatic mixture with a sharp nutty taste and warm sweet undertones.”
It is not the first time the butcher, whose shop is in Lyndhurst Road, has made commemorative sausages. He has previously marked the Clarets success and the Burnley Express’s 125th anniversary with a special-edition banger.
He said having the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles visit the town was a major coup.
“It is fantastic for Burnley and I’m sure people will come out and show their support.”
- Aston Villa in frame for Burnley strike ace Austin
- Appeal for Nelson man wanted for drugs offences
- Assistant manager of Colne pub admits assault and damage
- Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede left ‘truly humbled’ following triple triumph at British Soap Awards
- David Fishwick’s pay day loans TV crusade
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pendle
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west