Water damage caused blaze at Earby home

The fire service was called to Brawby Lane just after midday today.

The fire service was called to Brawby Lane just after midday today.

1
Have your say

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation in Earby after a fire at her home in Brookfield Way.

Firefighters from Barnoldswick and Colne attended the blaze at the detached bungalow at 1-30pm on New Year’s Eve, using a hose reel to put it out.

Watch manager Mick Strickland said: “The fire was accidental and caused by an electrical fault. At some point water has affected it and it had not completely dried out.

“There was quite severe fire damage to the hallway, there was quite a lot of smoke damage to the ground floor and some to the first floor. The woman had attempted to deal with the fire using a fire extinguisher.

“I would urge anybody affected by flooding in Earby to have electrical items checked out by a qualified electrician before using them again.”