TURF Moor teenager Cameron Howieson has been called up by New Zealand for their Under-20 World Cup qualifying campaign next month.
The attacking midfielder, 18, has been included in a 20-man squad for the mini tournament in Fiji.
The Junior All Whites face Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, New Caledonia and Fiji in a round-robin format with the group winners making it through to the summer’s finals in Turkey.
Howieson, who made his debut for the senior New Zealand side and also represented the All Whites at the Olympic Games last year, will link up with the squad on 12 March ahead of the qualifiers which take place from 21-29 March.
- Aston Villa in frame for Burnley strike ace Austin
- Appeal for Nelson man wanted for drugs offences
- Assistant manager of Colne pub admits assault and damage
- David Fishwick’s pay day loans TV crusade
- Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede left ‘truly humbled’ following triple triumph at British Soap Awards
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pendle
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west