Clarets boss Sean Dyche believes striker Lukas Jutkiewicz will get his just rewards ultimately.
The summer signing from Middlesbrough has yet to get off the mark for Burnley in seven Premier League games and out substitute appearance in the Capital One Cup.
Indeed, the25-year-old has had the most shots without scoring in the Premier League so far this season, with 18 attempts.
Every strike on target has forced a save, while he has seen half his efforts off target go wide left, 42% wide right and 8% over the bar.
He has one assist to his name - for Michael Kightly’s goal in the 2-2 draw at Leicester City on Saturday, but Dyche has every faith “The Juke” will soon get up and running: “He’s doing well. I said to him after the game at Leicester ‘just believe slightly more’.
“He’s had chances and turned on the box a couple of times, but I said ‘It will come’.
“He’s a young man learning his trade at a higher level.
“It’s a tough level, make no mistake.
“But he’s going about his business in the right manner.”
Burnley have only three goals all told so far this season, with Scott Arfield netting against Chelsea before Kightly and Ross Wallace were on target at the King Power Stadium last weekend.
Burnley’s strikers await their first goals of the campaign as a collective, but the former Swindon, Everton and Coventry man can’t be faulted for his all-round performances, which have already made him a fans’ favourite.
Asked whether he would like him to be more aggressive in his play, Dyche countered: “I think there’s an edge to players, that’s all it is.
“You need an edge to your game and I think that’s the difference with what Sam (Vokes) brought to his game last year.
“We spoke about it in the week as a group.
“That edge has to be there.
“We went away from it last Sunday at West Brom, but it was absolutely on show at Leicester.”
Burnley are next in action a week tomorrow at home to West Ham, when Dyche hopes to have Dean Marney, David Jones, Danny Ings, Kieran Trippier and Nathaniel Chalobah all available.