BARROWFORD Celtic Blacks gave a great account of themselves at the Manchester FA Powerleague Under 9s’ five-a-side competition.
The side made it to the quarter-finals, where they finally lost 3-1 to a very good Stalybridge Celtic.
On the way through the group stage Celtic beat The Factory 4-1, Failsworth Villa 2-1, and Sale Coms Hawks 4-0, while losing 2-1 to Flixton Reds.
That saw the locals finish second in the group to qualify as best runners-up, courtesy of a magnificent 10 goals scored by star striker Kian Ellis, while Harley Ashworth also chipped in with a goal.
It was a valiant effort from Celtic, who are edging closer to winning their first cup.
Their next competition is in Rochdale on the December 29th, where they will try again.
But in the meantime Celtic are concentrating on the North Valley League with a match against Earby Town this weekend.
The team are looking for a sponsor, and if anyone can help, contact then contact Peter Ellis or manager Paul Ashworth.
- Aston Villa in frame for Burnley strike ace Austin
- Appeal for Nelson man wanted for drugs offences
- Assistant manager of Colne pub admits assault and damage
- Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede left ‘truly humbled’ following triple triumph at British Soap Awards
- David Fishwick’s pay day loans TV crusade
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Pendle
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: South