Coronavirus: New cases confirmed in Burnley and Pendle
These are the number of new Covid-19 cases that have been confirmed in Burnley and Pendle within the last 24 hours.
Five new cases of Covid-19 were recorded in Burnley, while six positive tests were confirmed in Pendle, according to Public Health England data.
This takes the total number of confirmed cases in Burnley since the pandemic began to 497. The total number in Pendle is now 591.
The daily number of lab-confirmed UK cases was 938.
Burnley and Pendle remain subject to new lockdown rules with the Government advising the following:
• You should NOT meet people you do not live with inside a private home or garden, except where you have formed a support bubble.
• Do NOT visit someone else’s home or garden even if they live outside of the affected areas (unless it is as part of a support bubble for a vulnerable person).
• You CAN go to pubs, restaurants and other leisure venues - but only with members of your own household.
• You CAN meet in public outdoor spaces in groups of no more than six people, unless the group includes only people from two households. Social distancing should be observed at all times with people you do not live with – unless they are in your support bubble.
• You CAN travel to work. however, workplaces must implement Covid-19 Secure guidance.