Thousands of people attended Remembrance Sunday ceremonies and parades across Pendle despite bad weather.
Towns and villages around the borough hosted events to pay tribute to those who have died in service of their country with two-minute silences.
In total there were 14 services and parades across the borough, many made more poignant by the fact that this year is the 70th anniversary of both VE Day and VJ Day.
In Brierfield, its church and mosque clergy led the service in the heart of town in the morning.
In Colne, there was a long parade through the town, including a band, cadets, Royal British Legion members, Pendle MP Andrew Stephenson and others.
And when they arrived at the War Memorial in Albert Road there were hundreds of people already there to take part in the ceremony led by Coun. Graham Roach and the president of Colne Royal British Legion Frank Riley. The service was conducted by the Rev. Lisa Senior.
In the afternoon, Nelson also had a big parade. There was great music thanks to Nelson Brass Band who lead it. It also included Air, Army and Navy Cadets, the Royal British Legion, the police and fire service, St John Ambulance, the Mayor of Pendle, Coun. Nawaz Ahmed, and the MP.
The service at the War Memorial outside Nelson Library was led by the Rev. John Hallows and Norman Whitaker, president of the Nelson and District Branch of RBL.
And many people also attended the events in Town Square, Barnoldswick, and the Memorial Grounds at Sough after a parade from Earby.
Earby commemorations started with a very moving service At All Saints Church for the Laying Up of the old Royal British Legion Standard.
The Standard was brought into church by Mr Jim Spence, Standard Bearer to the Barnoldswick and District Branch of the Royal British Legion.
It was passed to the Rev. Hugh Fielden for safe-keeping at All Saints by Mrs Ann Marie Benford, Chairman of the local Legion branch. Legion chaplain Rev. Diane Weaver, presided over the service. T
he late Mr “Jim” Tattersall had carried that Standard for over 30 years and his family were in the congregation alongside local Legion members and representatives from the County Branch.
This was followed at 2pm by the Civic Parade to the War Memorial.
Despite the weather, over 300 people attended the service at the War Memorial which saw 54 wreaths laid around it.
The service at the War Memorial was presided over by the six representatives of all the local churches.
Twenty-one named and badged crosses were placed around the Memorial, for the 21 men from the Earby area who had been lost between the onset of the First World War in 1914 until December 1915.
During the service a new Memorial Stone was dedicated to Mr Douglas Jordan who died during the war and who’s name had been missed off the original Memorial. Mr Jordan’s grandson, named after Douglas, laid a wreath for the East Lancashire Regiment at his Memorial Stone alongside those from Earby Town Council, the Royal British Legion and the Earby and District Local History Society.
And there were also ceremonies in Barrowford, Blacko, Fence, Foulridge, Higham, Laneshaw Bridge, Newchurch-in-Pendle, Salterforth and Trawden.