Barrowford chimney fire

Fire engine
Fire engine
Share this article

Nelson firefighters were called out to a fire at a house in David Street, Barrowford, shortly after 8pm last night.

On arrival at the scene, two crews wearing breathing apparatus found that a chimney fire that had spread to wooden timbers around the chimney breast.

The crews extinguished the fire using hose reels and positive pressure ventilation.

There was a large degree of smoke damage to the attic and first floor of the property, and moderate damage to the ground floor.

No persons were injured in the incident.