Driver flees Land-Rover fire drama in Colne town centre

editorial image

A DRIVER had a lucky escape when his vehicle suffered an electrical fault and went up in flames in Colne town centre.

The man jumped from his Land-Rover when he saw smoke coming from the glove box minutes before it caught alight.

Firefighters were called to the scene outside the Shepherds Arms pub in Church Street at 9-20 p.m. on Saturday.

They used two sets of breathing apparatus and a hose reel to control the fire.

Crew manager Lee Nuttall said: “The fire was accidental, probably caused by an electrical fault in the passenger compartment of the car.”