A Burnley man who struggled to beat his drug addiction died from an overdose of heroin.
Mr James Hardie (30) was found dead in his flat at Maria Court, Glebe Street, Burnley, on September 29th last year.
An inquest at Burnley Coroner’s Court heard how Mr Hardie was seeking help from Inspire to battle his addiction.
In September, 2014, he was said to be taking two bags of heroin daily and was smoking crack cocaine twice a week. He had also taken amphetamine and ecstasy in the past.
On the night of September 29th, police forced entry to Mr Hardie’s flat after his girlfriend Alex Barnes raised an alarm.
A statement from Det. Insp Nick Connerton said that Mr Hardy was found lying face down with a tourniquet on one arm and clutching a needle. Syringes were found nearby.
Pathologist Dr Deepa Jacob, who conducted the post-mortem examination, said that Mr Hardy had died from morphine toxicity. Cocaine was also present.
East Lancashire Coroner Mr Richard Taylor recorded a conlusion of a drugs related death.
He said: “He was clearly making efforts to do without drugs but was very difficult to do.”