Fire at the Lord Nelson pub

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article

Firefighters were called to the Lord Nelson Hotel in the heart of Nelson after a fire broke out.

The blaze involved an electric portable heater on the second floor of the popular pub and staff were alerted by the building’s alarm system.

They managed to put out the fire themselves, making the pub and its staff areas safe.

Fire-fighters from Nelson tackled smoke-logging in the upstairs of the Manchester Road property and ensured the area was safe.

The incident happened around 10-30pm.

• Send us your photos and videos using the easy-to-use tool on this page and we will use them online and in the newspaper.