Firefighters snuff out Colne chimney blaze

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article

Firefighters were called out to extinguish a chimney blaze in Colne on Tuesday night.

The call came in to the fire service at 9-47pm with the report that the chimney at a house in Greenfield Road was alight.

On arrival, firefighters discovered the chimney lining on fire, connected to wood-burning stove.

Ladders were used to gain access to the roof and a water spray was deployed to put the fire out and a thermal imaging camera to check for any remaining embers. There were no casualties.