Fire crews were called to a house blaze in Padiham yesterday.
The caller rang at 9-15pm and reported that a property was alight in Milton Street, Padiham.
When the fire engines from Burnley and Padiham arrived they found the fire in a first floor bedroom.
Four firefighters set about tackling the fire using breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a ventilation unit.
One casualty was assessed for smoke inhalation at the scene by paramedics as a precautionary measure.
Fire crews were in attendance approximately two-and-a-half hours.