Kitchen and bedroom severely damaged in Colne fire

editorial image
Share this article

An investigation is underway after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a Colne house.

Approximately 15 firefighters from Nelson and Colne were called to tackle the blaze in Walton Street at 10-19am this morning. Eight breathing apparatus and three hose reel jets were used.

According to firefighter Chris Walton, there has been “considerable damage” to the kitchen and back bedroom, and the stairs have been burnt through.

He said: “The fire started in the kitchen, and spread to the rest of the property.”

“We left at about 12. The firefighting took at least an hour-and-a-half. Investigations are ongoing.”