Paramedics treat woman after Colne house blaze

editorial image
Share this article

A WOMAN who suffered the effects of smoke after a fire at her home in Colne was treated by paramedics.

She had left teabags on top of the oven at her home in Peel Gardens and they caught fire and sent smoke round her rooms.

The incident happened at teatime on Friday. Firefighters from Colne dealt with the fire but the resident was affected by minor injuries and was treated by the ambulance crew.

There was light fire and heat damage to the oven and light smoke damage to four rooms on the ground floor.