Pet dog helped by firefighters after Colne house blaze

A dog was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene of a house fire in Colne early this morning
A dog was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene of a house fire in Colne early this morning
Share this article

Firefighters had to treat a pet dog for smoke inhalation when they were called out to a house blaze just after 5am this morning.

Crews from Nelson and Colne used a dog mask to give the animal oxygen at the scene of the fire in Midgley Street, Colne.

Although the blaze was out by the time firefighters arrived crews believe it was started deliberately and an investigation is now underway.