Sponsorship boost for Rock Rovers

Glen Pool from Rock Rovers with Brierfield Plumbase branch manager Ismail Hanslod who has sponsored the kit.
Glen Pool from Rock Rovers with Brierfield Plumbase branch manager Ismail Hanslod who has sponsored the kit.
Share this article

ROCK Rovers have received a sponsorship boost, with their new strip provided by Plumbase.

The store has moved from Railway Street in Nelson to bigger premises on Lomeshaye Industrial Estate, and store manager Ismail Hanslod has celebrated by backing the East Lancashire League side.

Ismail, picktured handing over the new strip to Rock’s Glen Pool, said: “I’ve known Glen a long time, and after the move, I looked into a sponsorship deal, and had the funds.

“I was delighted to help.”

Rock were held 1-1 at home to Colne United on Saturday, going behind to a headed goal by Scott Ridehalgh, before Liam Roberts netted a deserved late equaliser.

Chris Hindle was man of the match.

The reserves won 2-1 at Waddington, but should have been more comfortable, after squandering a number of chances. Levi Whiteoak and Scott Ruddy were on target, with Gareth Kellow man of the match.

Tomorrow Rock host Rimington,. while the reserves travel to face the same Ribble Valley side, meet The Venue 12-30 p.m.

Pendle Renegades 3, Silsden White Star Reserves 3

RENEGADES had to settle for a point after a very frustrating afternoon of missed chances.

After 10 minutes a long ball over the top saw Silsden’s striker clean through on goal, and he calmly took it round the keeper and slotted in.

But it wasn’t long before Renegades were level as Nathan Taylforth, blasting in the loose ball from a corner.

Silsden again got their noses in front just before half-time after a free kick on the near touch line was volleyed into the bottom corner.

Renegades regrouped at half-time, and within a minute they were level, as Silsden’s keeper made a great reflex save only to find Shane Taylforth on hand to fire in the rebound.

However, Renegades were stunned again as Silsden knocked a long ball forward for their number nine, who raced clear and made no mistake.

With 19 minutes to go, man of the match Taylforth picked up the ball in midfield and fired his effort in off the right hand post.

Renegades pushed for a deserved winner, and were denied a clear cut penalty for handball, as Silsden held out for a draw.

Silsden White Star 3, Earby Town 4

Earby made heavy going to take what should have been a easy victory, with Silsden being reduced to nine men midway through the second half.

Town opened the scoring on 10 minutes when a cross from Adam Hartley found it way through to Jake Palmer, and he finished well from close range.

Earby’s lead lasted less than five minutes as a mistake let in a Silsden forward, who squeezed his shot in.

Midway through the half, a long ball was played upfield by Silsden to their forward, who beat two defenders and fired into the bottom right corner.

Palmer got Earby level 10 minutes later from the spot when a Silsden defender handled the ball on the line, reducing them to 10 men.

In the second half, Earby took the lead when a shot by Joel Howard from a tight angle looked to be going in, but Paul Oldroyd tapped in on the line.

But Silsden levelled when another mistake at the back let in their forward, who completed his hat trick.

Silsden who looked most likely to score again, but they were reduced to nine for a second bookable offence and now Town started to get on top.

Hartley fired a shot just wide then saw his shot well saved by the keeper, then on 80 minutes he got what turned out to be the winner when he raced clear of the defence and lifted the ball over the keeper into the net.

Earby had a chance to make the game inside the last five minutes when Hartley was brought down in the box, but Palmer fired the spot kick over the bar.

The reserves held leaders Embsay Reservesd 3-3, with Matt Bowker scoring all Earby’s goals.

Tomorrow Town host Barnoldswick Barons, match sponsor ATH Consultants.