Fire crews tackle lunch-time blaze at Colne property

Firefighters were called to tackle a kitchen fire in Colne this lunchtime.

Monday, 21st May 2018, 5:06 pm
Updated Monday, 21st May 2018, 5:11 pm
Firew crews tackled a blaze at a house in Colne this lunchtime.

Two fire engines from the town's station were called to Lady Hartley Road just after noon.

A microwave had set on fire so crews used positive pressure ventilation for smoke clearance and they were at the property for around half an hour.

There was one casualty who was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.