LiveBurnley v Liverpool LIVE
Burnley will look to end a run of nine Premier League games at Turf Moor when Liverpool come to town.
And in doing so the Clarets could put a significant dent in the Reds' hopes of qualifying for next season's Champions League.
Jurgen Klopp's side kept their hopes alive in quite exhilarating fashion as goalkeeper Alisson downed West Brom with a 95th minute header from a corner.
A win for the visitors would see them climb into the top four at Leicester City's expense ahead of the final game of the season on Sunday.
Burnley won the reverse fixture 1-0 in January to end Liverpool's magnificent 68-game unbeaten run at Anfield in the top flight.
Ashley Barnes scored the only goal of the game from the penalty spot in the 83rd minute.
Burnley v Liverpool LIVE
Last updated: Wednesday, 19 May, 2021, 22:05
- Burnley have set an unwanted club record of nine consecutive top-flight home league games without a win
- The Clarets’ only win of 2021 at Turf Moor came in January when they came from behind to beat Aston Villa 3-2
- Burnley have had two longer winless league streaks at home: 11 in the second tier in 1979, and 10 in the third tier in 1984
- The Clarets haven’t won both league matches in a season against Liverpool since 1929-30
- Burnley have lost five of their six Premier League home fixtures versus Liverpool - with the exception being a 2-0 victory in August 2016
- Chris Wood has been directly involved in 11 of Burnley’s last 14 league goals - scoring eight and setting up three
- Liverpool have collected 20 points from their last eight games in the Premier League
- Victory would see the Reds climb into the top four - at the expense of Leicester City - on goal difference
Full-time: Burnley 0 Liverpool 3
That’s your lot at Turf Moor this season.
Another Liverpool change
Tsimikas is on for Mane.
GOAL: Burnley 0 Liverpool 3
Oxlade-Chamberlain has only been on the pitch for a matter of minutes but he’s found the net with a left-footed effort from inside the box.
Change for the Reds
Wijnaldum is off and Milner is his replacement.
Substitution for the away side
Oxlade-Chamberlain replaces Firmino.
Substitution for the Clarets
Cork is replaced by Vydra
So close for the Clarets!
Mee’s header is cleared off the line by Phillips.
Another shot on target
Brownhill gets a shot away but it’s comfortable in the end for Alisson.
GOAL: Burnley 0 Liverpool 2
There’s the second. Mane’s cross to the back post is converted by the head of Phillips.
Salah collects Mane’s pass inside the area but can’t quite find the target.
Bright start to the second half for Burnley
Wood shapes an effort towards the far post, but Alisson gets down to claim.
Half-time: Burnley 0 Liverpool 1
Firmino’s strike late in the first half separates the sides at the break.
GOAL: Burnley 0 Liverpool 1
There’s the breakthrough. Firmino runs onto Robertson’s cross and tucks the ball away past Norris.
Phillips has a great chance to give the visitors the lead, but the defender fires over after chesting the ball down from a corner inside the box.
Excellent block from Tarkowski prevents Mane's shot from reaching the target.