Forest Black get first win

editorial image

PENDLE Forest Under 14s Black claimed their first league win of the season, beating Burnley Knights 6-3.

Four goals from captain Michael Hodson, a screamer from Jordan Edmondson and an own goal ensured Forest of the the points. Man-of-the-match was Adam Barlow.

A mesmerising performance from the Pendle Forest Under 12s Hawks and goals from Ryan Clarke (5), Alex Townrow (3), Ashley Howarth (2) and James Snelson saw them cruise to an emphatic 11-2 win over their friends and rivals Pendle Forest Wolves.

Man-of-the-match: Ashley Howarth

Pendle Forest Under 16s East Lancs progressed through to the next round of the cup after a hard fought 3-2 victory over Blackburn Warriors Under 16s. The Greens raced into a two-goal first half lead, with goals from Dan Hughes and Brad duffy before Hughes struck again with a sublime strike to make it three. Blackburn rallied late on with two goals.

Man-of-the-match was Billy Rambadt.

A highly entertaining game finished even as Pendle Forest Tigers drew 2-2 with Barrowford Celtic. Forest went ahead thanks to Thomas. In the second half, Barrowford battled back to lead 2-1, but the Tigers responded immediately thanks to Joshua Digby.

Man-of-the-match was Jake Seddon

Pendle Forest Under 9 Cobras put in a great performance to beat Ighten Leigh Under 10 Purple 1-0. The match was decided by a penalty scored late into the second half by Ethan Conner with Forest keeper, Harrison Howarth, quite rightly being awarded man-of-the-match.

A great game was played out by Pendle Forest Under 7 Fireflies and Pendle Forest Under 8 Vipers. Viper goals from Callum Mahady (5), Jack Spence (3), Owen Anforth (3), Connor Turner (2) and Thomas Leedam. Man-of-the-match was Kyle Tootle.

Meanwhile, Brierfield Celtic enjoyed similar success as their under 13s Red outfit ran out 6-0 victors

In an entrhalling match Colne Under 15 Blue beat Bacup..

Man of the match James Wilkinson rifled home two shots to put Colne into a 2-0 half time lead.

Jack Greenwood then sored after the interval direct from a corner.. James completed his hattrick as Colne went 4-0.

However Bacup battled back and pulled back three goals but Colne held on .