Leah at the treble for Pendle Forest Girls

editorial image
Share this article

LEAH Hillman hit a hat-trick as Pendle Forest Girls reached the cup final in style.

Travelling to Lytham, Forest came away with a 6-2 win against Westbury Diamonds.

On the hottest day of the year so far, the girls battled through with plenty of determination.

To add to Hillman’s treble, Amy Clarke, Freya Veevers and Rachel Hartley were also on target.

Cleo Snaith was player of the math.

The girls now return to Lytham for the cup final on April 22nd, with all support welcome!

Pendle Forest ‘s Under 9s Cobras earned a goal-less draw with Ighten Leigh Under 10s White in the Warburtons League.

A commendable performance by Forest keeper Harrison Howarth helped earn another clean sheet, while man of the match was Ethan Conner.

Pendle Forest hold a half-term soccer school for girls and boys between five and 11-years-old, from Tuesday, April 10th and Friday the 13th at the club at Old Laund Booth.

Staffed by qualified FA coaches up toUEFA B level, there will be coaching activities, skills and drills including passing, ball control, shooting, running with the ball, turning, dribbling, goalkeeping, confidence building and teamwork.

There will also be competitions like penalty shoot-out, crossbar challenge, tag rugby, chain gang, pirates, cowboys and indians, obstacle course, long shot, king of the ring and a cup style team competition.

Cost is £12 per day or £40 for all four days.

Start time is 9-30 a.m., until 3-30 p.m. daily, with drop offs from 8-45 a.m. onwards.

Places are limited, and to reserve a place, call Andy Webb (07904 650776) or download an application from www.pendleforest.com

• COLNE Under 13s progressed into the cup final with an 11-0 win against a depleted Brierfield Celtic team.

Colne were slow to get going against the nine players of Brierfield, but once Elliot Foster scored after 20 minutes there was no way back for Celtic.

Harry Mattinson scored four, with braces each for Elliot Foster, Charlie Parker and Aaron Barber.

Aeneas Robinson capped his man of the match display with a goal to complete the rout.

In their first a game for three weeks, Colne Under 15s Blue put in an impressive performance to win 6-2 at Daneshouse.

Matthew Pates grabbed a hat-trick for Colne, with a brace for midfielder Harry Dale. In the second half, Henry Frankland powered home a header for Colne.

Man of the match was keeper Joseph Bottomley, who stood firm in goal to keep danehosue at bay on several occasions.

• BRIERFIELD Celtic Under 13s Red had a tough day at the office as they lost 5-1 at Rossendale Valley Tigers.

Celtic were always second best, and after being caught out by three set pieces, the writing was on the wall.

It was a much better second half from Celtic, but the Tigers grabbed two more, only for Ryan McGinty to put a dent in the hosts’ clean sheet by scoring at the death.

But Brierfield Celtic Under 10s Blues were victorious in the cup semi-final against Colne on Sunday winning 4-1 to make the final.

In a fantastic game played in great spirit by both teams, goals from Nathan Allan, Mark Abbott and a brace from Jude Mercer saw Celtic complete a comfortable win.