Weston reach the cup final

editorial image
Share this article

AN unstoppable last minute header at the end of extra time from Ben Harrison booked Weston FC’s place in the final of the Pendle Charity League Cup after they came from behind to beat Union FC 2-1.

Jake Bancroft gave Union the lead before Stephen Chew equalised for Weston with 20 minutes remaining to take the tie into extra time.

Weston will face the winner of the match between Graham Engineering Redskins and Sacred Heart in the final.

The final of the Billy Clegg Cup will be played between Life FC and Pendle Blues Athletic, who beat Shooters Clarets and TSB respectively.

Athletic progressed following a 5-0 victory against TSB thanks to goals from Liam Crossley, Kurt Wilkinson, Stuart Metcalfe, Lee Denton and Michael Fitzpatrick.

Life FC beat Shooters Clarets 3-2 as a brace from Serkan Yilmaz and a Naveed Shah effort ensured that they reached the final.

First Division Station Hotel beat Paak B from the Premier Division by the odd goal in five in another thrilling encounter to secure their place in the final of the David Holmes Trophy.

Station will play the winners of the other semi-final tie between AFC Veterans and Sacred Heart United.

In the league games that were played, a brace from Matthew Aspinall and goals from Carl Ellerton, Ben Whitaker and Joe Kelly moved Sacred Heart back to the top of the Premier Division as they beat Paak A 5-0.

Graham Engineering Redskins enjoyed a comfortable 4-1 win against Pendle Forest Athletic thanks to a Spencer Jordan double, and goals from Danny Pinder and Gareth Hargreaves; Forest’s consolation was scored by Ross Whittaker.

Timmy Ts kept their promotional aspirations alive with an impressive 5-1 win against Marsden Cross.

A Scott Barlow hat-trick and goals from Paul Jarvis and Johnny Thompson secured the points for Timmy Ts.

Crooked Billet came from behind to take maximum points after beating Golden Ball 4-2.

Braces from Scott Wright and Brendan Park ensured victory for Billet.