All Blacks extend fine start to the year

Action from Colne and Nelson's 88-0 win over Rossendale
Action from Colne and Nelson's 88-0 win over Rossendale
Share this article

Colne and Nelson continued their winning ways, hammering Rossendale 88-0, as they remain undefeated in 2018.

With the forwards creating a platform for the backs, the ball was passed to the wing, and as winger Ernes Tino dived for the line, a Rossendale player committed a high tackle which gave Colne a penalty try.

In a similar fashion, Colne managed to work their way into the Rossendale 22, before Jamie Gane crossed with a training ground backs move, the conversion kicked by James Redford.

Rossendale had two tries held up over the line, before they had another scrum which was turned over by Colne and quickly sent through the hands of Andy Bullock, who released Tino into space to score a 70-metre try, with a successful conversion.

Colne were back in the driving seat and worked their way back up to the Rossendale 22. A penalty was awarded, and after good vision from captain Adam Padgett, the ball was tapped and sent wide to Gane for his second.

Colne again worked their way back up to the 22, where a penalty was awarded but this time chose to take the line out.

A catch and drive from the forwards saw Connor Kinnane cross the white line to make it 33-0 at half-time.

In the second half, Connor Kinnane went over after taking the ball from a Rossendale player, before Tino scored his second try of the day, Redford making it 45-0.

Substitute Lewis Hesketh instantly made an impact, scoring two tries in quick, and Gary Kenyon added another score, with Kyle Hargreaves adding the two, making the score 64-0.

Rossendale kicked the ball deep into Colne half, but Hargreaves was there to collect and beat the first defender before passing to Tino, who powered his way past the defence for his third try.

Within the next two minutes, Antony Minshull received an inside pass from Adam Hartley to make it 74-0, and player coach Matty Tindall added two tries.