All Blacks win is devoted to former coach Arthur Nutter

editorial image

The All Blacks put in a heart-felt performance at the weekend in memory of one of their coaches Arthur Nutter, who passed away last week.

Colne travelled to Carnforth and returned with a 69-14 victory.

The strong wind was in favour of the home team at the kick-off, but a strong run early on from Steve Edwards, running deep into the home 22, made Carnforth think twice about their usual strong start.

Unfortunately he was stopped by the full back, but a follow up quick ball to the backs saw Matty Tindall slide over for the first try of the game, which was succesfully converted by him.

Carnforth’s restart put Colne on the back foot where they gave away a penalty five metres out, but a excellent tackle from Alex Wood kept them out, and a Colne lineout allowed a 20m charge up field to relieve the pressure.

A Lewis Hesketh steal five metres out from the Carnforth try line allowed the Colne forwards to charge over the line, but they succumbed to a held up decision, resulting in a five metre scrum.

Colnes’ full back crashed the line at 10, where a late pass left Simon Hoyle to cross over the line for a try.

A strong run from Colne’s wing sucked in three defenders, which allowed an offload for Tindall to score his second try of the game.

From the kick-off Anthony Minshull made a powerfull run up field from a Kyle Hargreaves pass, before an amazing individual try from Adam Davies, beating five men on the way to the try line, leaving the full back sat on the floor as he cruised over for his first score of season.

Good pressure from the home side and several missed tackles allowed Carnforth to score. Carnforth, now blood thirsty, managed to hold Colne in their own 22 for 20 minutes, and an opening allowed man of the match Tindall to intercept and run a good 80 yards to score and close the first half with Colne in a strong position.

Colne begin the second half like the first after making a few tactical changes. Callum Kinnane’s first touch of the ball was a kick over the top where he caught the ball and was heading for the try line, only to be brought back by the referee for an earlier infringement.

Colne kept the pressure on as Rob Parking scored two tries running hard at the home defence from two penalties at the five metre line.

After another restart, Jim the winger scored a try from a beautiful pass from Kinnane.

Not long after Colne winger Davies added two more which he converted himself to seala very sucessfull weekend and fitting tribute to all Arthur’s hard work over the years.