Forest hit eight in convincing derby victory

Lisa Crewe scored twice for Pendle Forest (s).
Lisa Crewe scored twice for Pendle Forest (s).
Share this article

Champions Pendle Forest eased past derby rivals Clitheroe and Blackburn Northern 8-3 on Saturday.

Forest got the breakthrough when Olivia Bythell dummied a defender, and with just the keeper to beat, she swiped her shot into the bottom corner.

Forest got the second shortly after when good work by Lisa Crewe on the right saw her dribble down the baseline and cut the ball back for Kayleigh Vickers to sweep the ball in.

A further individual effort by Bythell rewarded her with a third goal for Forest, beating the keeper in style.

Clitheroe pulled one back, before Crewe had a goal denied when a drag flick from a penalty corner was deemed to be outside the D.

However, player of the match Charlotte O’Brien showed some neat stickwork and added a fourth goal shortly after.

With the Forest attack running riot, Crewe made it 5-1 just before the break with an excellent reverse stick strike.

In the second period, Clitheroe claimed another goal, but Karen Wignall’s perfectly-timed shot went in to make it 6-2.

A further goal edged Clitheroe closer again, but Wignall scored her second goal to make it 7-3.

Hornby saw a further effort flicked over the bar from a short corner, before Crewe rounded off the victory with a short corner strike from the right side of the D.

Forest travel to Ulverston tomorrow.

The second team beat Lancaster 3-1, with Hayley Baines getting a hat trick.

Forest thirds missed out on a chance to leapfrog leaders Windermere.

Forest were awarded an early penalty corner, and skipper Diane McInnes hit out to Emma Ziegloser, who stopped well but just couldn’t get the solid connection required to score past the keeper.

A second penalty corner was awarded, and McInnes hit out to Cath Hutchinson, who stopped and flicked the ball goal wards, however, the keeper kicked clear.

Windermere then scored a scrappy goal before half-time, before adding a second after the break.

Ziegloser crossed for Claire Birkett, who slapped the ball in at the left post to make it 2-1, before a third penalty corner which McInnes hit out to Ziegloser, who slipped it straight back to McInnes, who connected well but saw the ball hit the outside of the post.

Windermere managed to score twice in quick succession to run out winners.