Pendle Forest 1, Crewe Vagrants 0

editorial image
Share this article

PENDLE Forest ended a run of three defeats against Crewe Vagrants.

Their confident start earned them a penalty corner which then appeared to hit a defender’s foot on the line, followed by a second debatable block on on the line that also did not force a decision for a penalty flick by the umpire!

Following this, Forest managed to hit the post twice and the score still remained 0-0 at half-time.

Forest then dominated the second half and early on were denied a reverse stick shot by player of the match Hayley Baines.

The midfield continued to pile on the pressure and were eventually rewarded with an excellent top corner strike by Baines, five minutes from time.

Forest then played out the game, keeping possession and finally managed to seal a victory.

The club thank Martin and Gemma Starkie from CMS Live Web Design for sponsoring the match balls.

Forest’s second team beat Longridge seconds 4-3.

Forest started off on the attack and within 10 minutes they were 1-0 up from a short corner scored by Clare Moore.

Longridge fought back and scored two goals to lead at half-time.

Longridge extended their lead, but Forest upped their game with a well-taken goal by Catch Hutchinson.

Forest then broke down the Longridge defence to equalise from a short corner again scored by Moore.

The whistle went for full time as Forest were awarded a penalty corner, and they scored with a fantastic strike by player of the match Alison Decurtis.

The seconds are away at Preston thirds tomorrow.

Forest thirds earned a point away at Morcambe seconds in a 1-1 draw.

They travelled with only 11 players and it was a great team effort with excellent performances from all players.

Denise Tuck gave Forest the lead, capitalising on an error from the Morecambe keeper.

Forest were the better team in the first half and could have had another when Abbie Hunter had the ball in the net, but the shot had been from outside the D.

At half-time Morecambe introduced stronger players and Forest tired.

Morecambe scored a fortunate goal to equalise and Deb Lancaster in Forest’s goal was the busier in the second half.

Forest did have the chance to take all the points from a short corner late in the game as Lesley Davey shot and the rebound fell to Tuck, who was alert and pushed the ball past the keeper, only to see it go agonisingly wide of the goal.

The third team are at home to Preston fourths tomorrow.