Pendle Forest continue on unbeaten run

Pendle Forest thirds in action
Pendle Forest thirds in action
Share this article

FOREST maintained their unbeaten start to the season with a 1-1 draw at Leeds Adel Carnegie.

They were put under pressure for the first 10 minutes and had to defend several short corners, but close to half-time, the hosts broke away down the right and took the Forest defence by surprise, edging a goal past the keeper.

Soon after Leeds were reduced to 10 players for continually trying to push the rules.

Forest thought they had equalised following a well-worked short corner routine, but were surprised when it was disallowed.

Then Clare Moore, on her debut, made a goal line save shortly before the half-time whistle blew.

Forest took control in the second half, showing their experience, creating numerous opportunities.

After several tussles infront of the Leeds goalmouth, mainly from penalty corners, Forest finally scored a well-deserved equaliser.

Leeds managed only a handful of breakaways in the second half, with the Foresr midfield and defence in fine form, blocking the opposition’s way.

In the final few minutes Forest were unlucky not to be awarded with a penalty stroke for an infringement in front of goal, but came away with a 1-1 draw, and tomorrow are at home to York.

Pendle Forest second team played at home against Lancaster thirds.

They started the game on the attack and were on top for most of the first half.

just before the half hour,n Forest were awarded a short corner, and the shot was deflected in by Rachel Crawford.

The Lancaster keeper then stopped a shot on the line on the whistle.

The second half saw Forest gain the upper hand with some excellent moves and defensive play, and excellent marking by man of the match Georgina Hunter.

Forest only conceded two short corners in the second half, neither of which were converted, as they settled for a 1-0 win.

The seconds are away at bottom of the table Chorley and Leyland tomorrow.

Pendle Forest thirds were unlucky to lose 2-1 for the second week in a row at Clitheroe.

The game started with Clitheroe dominating the play as Pendle’s young side found their feet, and Deb Lancaster in the Forest goal kept the Clitheroe forwards at bay.

Forest then settled and started to create opportunites themselves with some good passing moves, but Clitheroe took the lead with some quick thinking from a sideline ball that caught out the Forest defence.

The ball was crossed, deflected to the back post and bundled past Forest’s keeper.

Forest were rotating their players and drew level just before half-time as some good work down the right side from Issy Hartley and Di McInnes saw the ball crossed in, and Mawgan Naylor swept the ball home.

After the break Forest seem to have more of the game and Clitheroe’s defence and keeper had most to do, but a well-taken goal from one of the Clitheroe forwards against the run of play gave them all three points.

The thirds are at home to Springfields this week.

On Sunday the Under 16 side played in a newly-formed hockey league.

They were awarded a 5-0 victory when Clitheroe pulled out at the last minute, and then faced their toughest challenge, playing Springfields from Preston.

Last year Springfields beat Forest 13-0, but the Forest girls showed a huge improvement going down 6-1 with Alice Parkinson on the scoresheet.

Forest had three new players representing the club in the starting lineup - Esther Williams in goal, Hannah Gill and Chloe Hancox, and they all contributed to this much-improved performance.

The team are in action again on November 27th at Marsden Heights Community College against Lytham St Annes and Blackpool.